Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A little help goes a long way.

I'd like to thank the Royal Air Force Museum and Chris Yeoman for their assistance in researching FLIGHT CAPTAIN HURRICANE. For a story set in World War 2, I needed to be as accurate as possible in descriptions of planes, squadrons, colors, and well, just about everything.

Chris supplied me with images of the exact model of Whitney's Hurri, and the RAF supplied more details about the squadron markers. Thanks to all!

My son asked me early on in the research why I was being so detail oriented. My answer was simple: "It's World War 2, and it's one of the most researched and studied conflicts ever! If I say there are Hawker Hurricanes in the South Pacific, there'd BETTER be Hurri's in the South Pacific! People will know!"

1 comment:

Homesick At Space Camp said...

Bob, it's a pleasure! :)

Chris